Major Hearing Thursday
March 14th is going to be a “Gun Day” for public hearings.
The Public Safety and Security Committee will hold a public hearing on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 10:00 A.M. in Room 2C of the LOB. Please submit 35 copies of written testimony to Committee staff at the time of sign-up. Testimony submitted after sign-up may not be distributed until after the hearing. Sign-up for the hearing will begin at 8:30 A.M. in the First Floor Atrium of the LOB. The first hour of the hearing is reserved for Legislators, Constitutional Officers, State Agency Heads and Chief Elected Municipal Officials. Speakers will be limited to three minutes of testimony. Unofficial sign-up sheets have no standing with the Committee. All public hearing testimony, written and spoken, is public information. As such, it will be made available on the committee website and indexed by internet search engines.
Any testimony that is submitted electronically for the public hearing will be published but not physically distributed to members.
CCDL and all 2A supporters should be particularly concerned with SB1076
For more information as we breakdown the language of these Bills, please follow the CCDL Blog for updates. We will be publishing updates on SB1076 and other Bills as we go.
Based on the scheduled Lobby Day and the public hearing in the same week, members have expressed concerns over time off from jobs to attend both.
This is a major assault on our Liberty, and we need to give everything we possibly can at this time.
Bills being heard on 03/14/13:
1. S.B. No. 299 (COMM) AN ACT CONCERNING COMMUNICATION AMONG STATE AND LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENTS DURING ACTIVE SHOOTER INCIDENTS. (PS,PS)
2. S.B. No. 505 (COMM) AN ACT CONCERNING THE MINIMUM AGE TO PURCHASE A RIFLE OR OTHER LONG GUN. (PS,PS)
3. S.B. No. 506 (COMM) AN ACT REQUIRING CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR ALL PRIVATE FIREARM SALES. (PS,PS)
4. S.B. No. 710 (COMM) AN ACT CONCERNING PERMITS FOR GUN SHOWS. (PS,PS)
5. S.B. No. 897 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING REGULATION OF FIREARMS. (PS)
6. S.B. No. 1071 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING ADDITIONAL FUNDING FOR THE CRIMINAL INJURIES COMPENSATION FUND. (PS)
7. S.B. No. 1076 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE REDUCTION OF GUN VIOLENCE. (PS)
8. H.B. No. 6162 (COMM) AN ACT CONCERNING INELIGIBILITY FOR A PERMIT TO CARRY A PISTOL OR REVOLVER OR AN ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE BASED ON A PRIOR HOSPITALIZATION. (PS,PS)
9. H.B. No. 6251 (COMM) AN ACT REQUIRING FINGERPRINTING AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS PRIOR TO THE SALE, DELIVERY OR TRANSFER OF ALL LONG GUNS. (PS,PS)
10. H.B. No. 6595 (RAISED) AN ACT PROHIBITING THE DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS NEAR PRIVATE RESIDENCES. (PS)
11. H.B. No. 6598 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING PUBLIC PROTECTION. (PS)
For up to date information, subscribe to and follow our blog here: http://ccdl.us/blog/